Hello there, Haley here! I am Riverland’s resident make-up extraordinaire, and today I want to discuss the importance of having a bridal hair and makeup trial done. Make sure you get a bridal trial, the end. Thank you, have a nice day! No but seriously, I am here to tell you why it is essential that brides-to-be have a hair and makeup trial prior to your wedding day. The wedding day can be extremely exciting, romantic, and full of fun, but it can also be stressful if proper planning isn’t in place. Wedding vendors work tirelessly to ensure couples’ once-in-a-lifetime day goes as smoothly as possible, but there are a few things brides can do to help in that process like having a bridal hair and makeup trial done.
The first step is to research bridal hair and makeup vendors. Don’t settle on the first bridal hair and makeup artist you come across. Read customer reviews as well as peruse online portfolios of their work. A great place to explore potential bridal hair and makeup artists is through Instagram since most hair and makeup artists are sharing current work on their Instagram feed. You want to make sure their style compliments what you envision for your bridal look. If you want a natural look then going with a hair and makeup artist whose work reflects dramatic styling may not be the right choice for you. Once you’ve found a bridal hair makeup artist it is time to book your trial! Don’t schedule the trial too close to your wedding date. Scheduling earlier in the planning process will help you determine if you’ve found the right bridal hair and makeup stylist.
WHY BOOK A BRIDAL HAIR & MAKEUP TRIAL
A bridal hair and makeup trial gives your bridal beauty team and you the opportunity to discuss the bridal look you’re envisioning and to finalize the details of your hair and makeup styling. It’s great to come to the trial with specific ideas of what you want for hair and makeup, but be open to customizing your bridal look based on the expertise opinion of the hair and makeup artist. Bridal looks you are drawn to on Pinterest or wedding blogs may not compliment your skin tone, facial shape, or accentuate the right features to create a stunning bridal look. The beauty professional will factor in all of these facts and more when creating your bridal look and offering options. The best aspect of a trial is that it gives your beauty team and you the chance to tweak ideas in order to make your amazing wedding day look a reality. Then when the actual wedding day arrives, you know you are in the best of hands, and you will have the hair and makeup you envisioned!
5 TIPS FOR A BRIDAL HAIR & MAKEUP TRIAL
1. Arrive with a freshly washed & moisturized face. Remove all remnants of last night’s makeup from your face.
2. Bring in photos! While hair and makeup artists enjoy having creative freedom, they also want to make sure you leave happy and with the bridal look of your dreams.
3. “Natural” may not look as natural in person but it will on camera! Being a photographer and a makeup artist, I have the knowledge to know that I should add a little more blush, bronzer and eyeshadow so that you don’t look washed out in the photographs.
4. Lashes – Get them! No questions asked. They may feel awkward at first, but they take every bridal look to a whole new level. If you are nervous about wearing them for the first time on your wedding day, head to your local drugstore and pick up a pair of Ardell Demi Wispies! P.S. let the lash glue get tacky for 30 seconds before placing them on.
5. After the trial, I suggest going out and buying the lip color your makeup artist and you decide on. This way, you have the exact shade to touch up with throughout the wedding day!
6. For hair trial, come with freshly washed and dry hair.
7. If you are using your trail for Bridal portraits it is important to let your hair and make-up artist know ahead of time so we can ensure you feel great for portraits.
8. If you intend to use extensions, hair pieces, etc. Please bring those with you to the trial!